18 year old elite rugby player from the North East of England. Experienced playing at premiership and junior international level in flanker position with the ability to play at number 8 and centre as well. Motivated, hard-working and dedicated to achieving my sporting goals. Looking to gain further experience and take advantage of new, exciting opportunities. My aspiration of playing rugby in Spain would combine the sport I love and enjoy and my passion for languages, enabling me to improve my Spanish.
Darlington Mowden Park Sharks: 2019 – present.
• Played in the Tyrell’s Premiership (the highest level of women’s club rugby in the United Kingdom).
• Trained in an elite environment on field and in the gym, constantly learning more about being a high level athlete
• Gained confidence playing in high-profile and pressured games against skilled opposition
• Committed to training and playing programme whilst balancing my A-level studies and developing organisational and time management skills
• Improved my overall skill set, fitness and strength levels and gained more gameplay awareness
England Under 18s Talent Development Group: 2018 – present
• Experience training and playing at international level with experienced coaching and management staff as well as skilled teammates
• England U18 International cap (May, 2019 v’s Wales playing a starting 7) thus achieving one of my main goals by playing for my country and playing under pressure
• Gained skills in leadership, teamwork and accountability
• Given the opportunity of progressing to the England under 20 team
• Tynedale RFC 2009-2018
• Northumberland County 2012-2019
• North of England Regional U15 and U18 representation 2014-2016
• DMP Academy 2018
• Costa Blanca 7s 2020
• Leeds Rhinos (RFL) 2019
• Whitley Bay Barbarians (RFL) 2016-2019
Dedicated to training and positive and encouraging in gameplay showing leadership and mentoring skills. Breakdown work and turnovers are a strength of my play as well as ball skills and speed of attack. Fearless in defence with good body position in tackling. Confident jumping in the lineout. Speed and agility in attack and defence coupled with an appetite for tackling and defending. Have a good rugby brain and growing awareness of attacking opportunities and defensive structures. Proficient Spanish language skills as well.
Prudhoe Community High School:
A Levels: Mathematics (A)*, Biology (A)* & Spanish (A)* – 2018-2020
*Current UCAS predictions, results given in August 2020
GCSEs: 9 A*, 1 A including Maths and English – 2015-2018